Thursday, June 2, 2011

Internet is the greatest humbling device of all times. Have an "original" idea? Just type it in, and you'll know in a second how many people worldwide thought up exactly the same thing.
For a while, I have been joking how one or the other of my scientific projects would end up published in the Journal of Irreproducible Results. Whenever the results were... well, not reproducible. Then I thought, why not call a blog that? So I did, for about a month.
Just now, someone who has apparently been misdirected to my blog in his search for Irreproducible Results on the Internet, politely told me to rename my blog because the REAL Journal of Irreproducible Results already exists and is trademarked. Oops, sorry, my mistake. Didn't mean to hijack anybody's search for the magazine of science humor and trick them into winding up in my blog.
So back to the old name it is. That one has not yet given anyone any trouble. I think.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment